March 6, 2013: Lessons in Piano

My awesome piano teacher, Sandy Nabel
I take piano lessons. Although this is my second time around (I took seven years as a child), they are much more enjoyable as an adult. My teacher is Sandy Nabel. She is one of the kindest, most patient persons I have ever met. All three of my boys took years of lessons from Sandy. Grant asked me to join in the fun several years ago. The boys have since moved on and now it is down to just me. And I really like it.

People constantly ask me where I find the time for all of these things I do...piano, blogging, kids, career, travel. Well, I am organized. But I am also greedy with my time. I spend my spare time only on things (and with people) I really enjoy. My main time is occupied with those things that drive me...kids, boyfriend, work, and my circle of family and friends.

In my spare time you would never find me watching television or playing IPad games. I'm not judging anyone else, but this isn't how I like to spend the extra hours I squeak out of my day. I say "No" a lot more than in prior years. This has freed up a lot of precious time. A good thing.

I like to play the piano. I like to write. I like to spend time with friends and family, but don't really like to talk on the phone. Meeting in person is preferred. I love my art room and going through old pictures. I like to workout (will need to develop a new strategy with my knee problem). I like to cook and sit down to a meal with my family. Sleep is good. Shopping is rare.

So that's it in a nutshell. That's how I like to spend my 168 hours each week. After a full day of gantt charts, branding meetings, and conference calls with investors; piano was a welcomed thirty minutes of bliss. I am now ending my day with this little blog post while listening to the boys play street hockey outside. A perfect end to the day and the best therapy. Do what you love and take the time to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal