March 16, 2013: Gaming Extraordinaire

Ben and Grant happy with their latest trade
I tell my kids I have gaming skills. Obviously this is a joke. The few times they did hand me their controllers, it was only a matter of seconds before my guy died or I was defeated. Since I am never quite sure the goals of these various video games, I'm not quite sure how I lost. But definitely a loser; that's me.

I get the "seriously, Mom" look frequently when I call their PS2 a DS4, SuperDuper NintendoHD or XGameIV. There are way too many numbers and initials involved with these gaming systems that don't seem to ever be compatible. Sure seems like a scam from an outsider looking in. Just when they have everything for one system, a new "gotta have it" game comes out for a different one.

The latest rage for my gamer children is trading in old games for new or new for old; depending on their preference of the day. Game Stop knows them well. Today they were thrilled to come home with a "vintage" play system. They purchased a Super Nintendo which is "so old, Mom...from when you were in college!" The good old days.

My kids are correct on the timeline. It was when I was in college that our first Nintendo came under the Christmas tree. We played Track & Field, Mario, and Donkey Kong until wee hours of the morning. I actually wasn't horrible either. I could probably brush up on my skills and hang with the boys on their new yet vintage Nintendo. They may even be impressed. Hmmmm...we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal