March 19, 2013: Natural Brightening and Technical Blackout

Gifts of flowers in full bloom
I woke up to a room full of brightly colored flowers; blooming brilliantly. What a pleasant surprise and a great way to start a day. I really haven't had this much attention since I had babies. In fact I keep thinking back to those days. That's really what this recuperation reminds me of...except no newborn. Lots of people milling around, helping out. Visitors, flowers, and phone calls. Forgetting the time of the day, but with the days flying by quickly with me wondering what I really accomplished.

Instead of waking up to a newborn to be nursed, it's pain pills at the wee hours and ice bags. It is funny how we completely forget about periods in our life and then later incidences bring them front and center. For me, my room full of flowers and my delicate condition (which like the childbearing days, really is not that delicate) so remind be of the baby years. The timing of my boys' April births and this March date is probably another factor. But instead, I look at my independent soon-to-be 20, 17 and 13 year-old's as they help their gimpy mom.

Apologies for the lateness of this blog posting. I had to look at my pretty flowers and count to ten while dealing with a technology blackout. I went black at noon with no noted progress to wi-fi relief at 11:00 p.m. Remember that patience thing with me? So instead of gritting my teeth while wondering why this tech stuff is always such a cluster, I would count and remind myself it could be worse. Way worse. So now it's morning and I've decided to take matters into my own hands. Will let you know how that works out :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal