March 12, 2013: Thoughts with my Hairdresser


Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was my haircut/color day. The day set aside to get rid of my looming gray stragglers. And I always look forward to this day. The conversation incurred over this time allotted for my hair procedures is put to good use.

Amy and I discuss ideas and life. From it I feel like a greater person. Does anyone actually feel better after discussing people? Not typically, I would suspect. They probably do feel smaller.

From raising kids to faith and big life decisions, we talk it through. Amy always looks for the positive while being self-critical when fairly due. We challenge each other to be objective and forward thinking. Learn from your mistakes. Do the right thing for all involved. Know there is a power much greater than yourself. Acknowledge that you're only human. And think outside the box once in a while.

Yep, I got a new hairdo and am very happy with it. Even better, I am feeling a little keener on how to tackle tomorrow and the day after that. All in a day's work for a good hairdresser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal