April 13, 2013: A Little Resistence

My ride as of late
One day short of one month post-surgery, I added a little resistance. And it felt good. It really is the small things in life, isn't it? After thirty days of exercise equating to calisthenics for geriatrics, I was due to sweat; even if it was a small bit. Today was that day. I was officially cleared to add some resistance to my stationary bike.

Instead of a twenty-five mile ride through the rolling hills of West Omaha, I pedaled five; never leaving my garage. A friend lent me a stationary stand for my bike and Stefano kindly set it up for me. I face looking out of my third car garage.

Garrett questioned why I didn't have this stationary set up in my house. I wanted none of that. Biking facing the great outdoors with the crispness of the air is the closest thing to a real bike ride for me right now. And I like it.

Ben added flavor by shooting hoops and entertaining me with his ever-lively conversation. He even brought me a bottled water. "Mom, you're actually sweating," was his comment. Yep, sweating never felt so good.

I think this is the start of something good. Hopefully next week I can add more tension and then maybe a jog two weeks after that?? Hmmmm....one day at a time. If you can't find me, just check in my third car garage. I'm not going any where any time soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal