January 31, 2013: All Good Things Must Come to an End

My last cup of free Starbucks coffee

The last day of January marked my last day of free coffee from Starbucks. My Aunt Kathy gave me this spectacular gift. For every day in January, I needed to only present the cup at any Starbucks and they filled it for free. The gift that never stops (until today).

And I wasn't going to miss a day of coffee. It traveled with me to Arizona. It traveled with me in my car each day. It became an attachment to my January being. It became a competition for me. I HAD to get my free cup of coffee each day. It felt a bit like playing the monopoly game at McDonald's. Except I was collecting my freebie rather than a token toward a prize. I am guessing my Aunt Joan felt this same urge when scurrying around Omaha to collect every beanie baby from the McDonald's promotion of years past.

I like to say I'm really not that competitive, but am now questioning this assertion. By gosh, I did get my 31 cups of free coffee; even if it meant going through the drive-through with my jammies on at 9:30 at night. The question I need to reconcile in my head... was my excessive coffee consumption of last month a guilty indulgence or a competition on not being denied a freebie from Starbucks?  Hmmmmmm....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal