January 11, 2013: Rainy Days and Mondays...

Rainy outlook from my office window

Although this song has filled my mind as I drove between morning meetings, technically it's a rainy day and a Friday. A much better prospect given it's the middle of January with rain rather than snow and Friday is always better than Monday. And there is actually a pep in my step; even with the overriding global gloom in the sky. I can't lie that having Sheryl Crow's "Soak up the Sun" in my mind's eye rather than Karen Carpenter belting out her rainy day blueness is my preferred mindset, but I am feeling good about my rainy Friday.

First off, and my reason for my writing so early in the day, tonight is date night. Yep, my man from Denver, who is currently in Dallas, flies into Omaha at 7:10 p.m. (say that in one breath). So I will be enjoying a night out in the Old Market. Date night. Love it and have been looking forward to it all week. In reference to my prior blog on "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder", this is so true. Sure makes me feel like a sixteen-year-old school girl waiting for her big weekend date.

Everyone should have this. You are really missing out if you don't. Too often couple let date nights become a distant memory. Their groove of life is full of many things, but absent nights alone as a couple. Quality time is nonexistent.

Guys...take your woman out. She loves to dress up and will appreciate the attention with a night less distractions and a to-do list. Women...your guy really would love the attention. Although they like to act otherwise, they want to feel desired (everyone loves "the dance"). Our strong, independent men really have a needy side too. It's called being human. And what better way to fill a rainy Friday? Hope to see you all at the Old Market. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal