July 9, 2013: It's All in the Accessories

My new hat
I'm a believer in great accessories. A simple black dress can be made into twenty different outfits with the right add-on's. From patterned shoes to a belt with a pop; a new outfit is had. The add of a cardigan or tights can make a previous spring dress, a new fall number.

I bought a hat this weekend. It was inexpensive, but a fun addition to my wardrobe. A great add to a black dress with wedges. Jewelry? So many possibilities. Perhaps my new orange necklace and earring purchase shown below. For a girl who doesn't like to shop, I sure do like my closet.

And the orange necklace and earrings....even more options. With my green dress or hot pink chiffon shirt? The best "new" outfit is one with a throwback old piece. The classic high-waisted black pencil skirt is a staple in my closet. Like my mother, it doesn't age. With a pop of red jewelry or a leopard skin belt, the options seem endless.

I used to love the show "What Not to Wear". I always thought I would be a great add to the Stacy and Clinton combo, helping dress people on a budget. My favorite part of the show was the ending reveal which was a boost to the self-confidence of the "dressee".

No matter a person's size or body type, taking the time to look good and put your best foot forward always feels good. Confidence and a great smile are the most attractive physical features in my opinion. Then add to that, refurbishing an old favorite dress with new inexpensive accessories....pure bliss. That will get me smiling...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal