July 12, 2013: Adventure Complete

Grant and camp cabin mates
Grant's week-long camp has been deemed a success. Stefano picked him up from Rivercrest Camp in Fremont yesterday afternoon. Although I have yet to lay eyes on my young camper, I was able to talk to him on he and Stefano's drive home.

My first question..."On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rank your camp experience?"

Grant "A nine! Actually a ten. It was awesome. I'm going back next year!"

Although I think there are some parental steps that need to occur before next year's registration, I like the enthusiasm.

My second question..."What was the best part?"

Grant "Everything. It was so much fun. Can I go back again next year?"

After some more coaxing, I did get some specifics. The food was good. They didn't sleep much and he did get my letters. But he needs to go to the orthodontist because he broke a brace when a tree branch hit him in the face while running in the dark. Hmmm. Of course.

Grant is with his dad this weekend, so I will have to wait until Monday for the longer version of his escapades. I was greeted with some camp surprises upon my arrival home last night. One envelope had enclosed a 5X7 copy of his camp picture (above). The second was Grant's letter to me from camp (below). A man of few words. Yes, Grant, we will look into new "everyday" shoes and yes, you can go back to Rivercrest next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal