May 27, 2013: The Boys are Back


Watching some hockey before the storm
Just to come clean...

With all my talk of enjoying down time and a quiet house, I actually prefer the sound boy chaos echoing through my home. I miss my boys when they are not here. I miss Garrett when he's not here. But such is life. All named have a life outside of me.

So I enjoy my quiet when it comes, looking forward to the days ahead. Tonight the boys came home. And it felt like a stampede of wild horses. Not only did Ben arrive first, but he brought two buddies with him. Zach graced us with his presence as well. I'm not going to get too choked up as his main intent was to shelter his car from the impending hail.

Grant is busy planning out the week. His first week of summer freedom starts tomorrow. And that kid never lacks for ideas on how to fill his time. He made his mother happy by eating a meal I prepared for him and then thanked me <smile>. Normalcy is back. Whatever that means.

Based on the roar in the family room, the Blackhawks must have just scored. The rapid heartbeat has been restored to the home. Three days of fun and then mama is off to Denver. Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal