May 16, 2013: Work Life Balance

Tip toe through the tulips...
I have a very high appreciation for work life balance. It really is important to me. About the highest on my list, actually. I didn't think about it much when I was younger. I am now older, wiser, and more seasoned (nice way of saying I have had hard life lessons??) and relish my time with loved ones. My relationships are my most cherished assets.

This week I didn't do a very good job of managing this balance. And boy did I feel it. It didn't take long for me to pause and stop the insanity (or at least slow it down). A wise man once told me that you need to invest in your relationships every day. You can't grow what you don't nurture. And those not nurtured will likely find it somewhere else. It's being human.

Life will go on with or without us. This is a hard lesson some times. There are no re-dos in life, but new days are available if we're lucky. Today was just that; a new day. With e-mails almost caught up and work done for the week, Garrett and I just enjoyed dinner on the back patio. Ben and buddies are playing basketball on the front driveway. They are next in line for the grill. The weekend is looking good. Balance is restored...

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal