September 23, 2013: Monday Night


I have my jersey on...Manning. Ready to go. Tonight is Monday Night Football. The boys are both home from their own football practices. Dinner is done. The dishwasher humming in the background. Time for football.

I do like Peyton Manning. Not only is he a good football player, but he's funny. Any commercial or You Tube clip featuring Peyton and/or brother, Eli, makes me laugh. He plays smart on the field and doesn't take himself too seriously off the field. No embarrassing Tiger-ish failings in moral judgment. Just a good guy.

I tell my kids that watching Peyton is like watching Tom Hanks play football. They don't get it. I actually don't think anyone does. But me. An old (in football years) and affable Peyton shouting out "hurry, hurry" on the field while running his offense is heartwarming. Kind of like a light-haired Tom Hanks playing football.

Grant just asked if I was blogging about Peyton. "You are not going to say he is like Tom Hanks, are you?"

Yep. Sure am. My blog. My content.

Go #18!! I love it when the good guys finish first. I bet Tom Hanks is a fan too.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal