November 8, 2013: A Win

Skyhawk win!
Wins are always wonderful. Yet some parts are bittersweet. Tonight we beat Elkhorn South in the playoffs. As a Skutt fan and football mom, I'm thrilled. As a senior mom, I'm sad for the other team. I know some of their senior boys. This was their last time on the field as a high school player. My hope for the night was for my son to avoid that outcome.

We get another week. And then with a win, we are on to State. Next week we get our home field back. Excitement is in the air. Just as we wanted it. Our seniors last night on Skyhawk turf was a result of their resilience and wins. No blown opportunities. A final play under the lights at home. And then with good play and more resilience, we would love a chance to close the season at Memorial Stadium.

I have a blog that sits in my mind on this team and their journey. This journey for many started before high school. And it isn't all about football. But I will save that story. I don't want to jinx it. We have a nice streak going. Pray for a Skyhawk win next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal