November 5, 2013: I'm Back

Notice my blogging companion to my left
I haven't been very consistent in my writing as of late. Although I had convinced myself that daily writing wasn't necessary and I didn't need the pressure, it has caused me to have a couple of "aha" moments.

My first "aha" thought is that a deadline and an expectation, even if self-set, is a good thing. In order to hold ourselves accountable, we need goals. And doing things we love on a consistent basis is nothing short of free therapy.

When you enjoy something, you find the time. A friend constantly tells me there are only 24 hours in a day. Knowing that sleep is important, that brings available hours to 17 with eyes open.

I don't watch TV. I don't like to chat on the phone. And I don't look down my nose at those who do. How I like to fill my time outside of work and obligations is spending time with family and building relationships. And I like to write. That's what I do in my spare time.

My attempt at slowing down the expectation on myself has actually left me feeling a little lethargic. Kind of like getting out of a good exercise routine. So I am back at it and feeling a bit energized. Stories and feelings that need to turn into words now runneth over. Which story next...the Happy Siesta, life before TSA, or grown-ups giving other grown-ups the silent treatment?? Decisions, decisions.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal