February 24, 2013: A Real Snowstorm

My view most of the day

My entire day was spent indoors. With leg up and ice applied intermittently, I watched a snowstorm brew and take over Denver. A real snowstorm. They are up to about 10 inches now. As opposed to Omaha, school has yet to be called and businesses are still open. In fact Garrett went to play in a basketball tournament at his son's school this afternoon. The e-mail he received verifying that the fundraiser was still on commented that "come on...we live in Denver". No panic here.

Regardless, I will still apply caution tomorrow morning to ensure that I get to the airport on time. Although Garrett will take good care of me if the weather and airport don't cooperate, I do need to get home. I was shocked at the reaction of my boys to my injury. They are truly concerned and a bit freaked out.

I have been quizzed up and down on the surgery to come and the pain (or in my case, lack thereof...don't think they believe me). Specific questions relate to hospital stay? wheelchair? no and no and yes...I will be home tomorrow. I have to admit that I am both surprised and flattered with their concern. The caregiver is now being taken care of by all the boys in her life. A good thing and very appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal