January 6, 2019: The Boise Adventure | Day 6


Sunday Funday
We found a snowy treasure today. Garrett and I knew a perk of living in Boise was being very close to skiing, 15 miles door to ski lift (to be exact). It was awesome to have an easy drive in little traffic that didn't consume our entire Sunday. But there were other extras we didn't expect.

The ski resort is Bogus Basin. What we didn't know was that the resort is a not-for-profit. It's run by the city. What does this mean for we lucky skiers? Costs are half of the typical for-profit resorts with conditions that are of equal quality. There are 2,600 acres for skiing including rolling bowls and trails. We did not expect this, but loved the snow-filled surprise. And in our backyard.

We will be back and won't need to set aside a weekend to make it happen. Skiing the slopes with gorgeous views to the soundtrack to A Star Is Born was exceptional.

It's been a good first week in Boise, but we have only just begun. The real stuff happens after unpacking the boxes. Garrett starts his 8-5 work life on Tuesday. Although this might sound normal to most, it sure isn't for us. At least not in the last few years.

There will be no 8-5 for me as I begin my quest to 'go new', which will start about five minutes after Garrett goes to work on Tuesday morning. We are both starting new adventures, just in different ways. I'll do my best June Cleaver, with hot prepared meals and a happy well-adjusted pup, when I'm not finding all the treasures of Boise or working with slippers on.

I had to stop and just take it all in as we skied the bowls.

The many poses of Zeke #1
(watching Carol Burnett receive her GG lifetime with me)

The many poses of Zeke #2
(time to snuggle in a little bit)

The many poses of Zeke #3
(he isn't as excited as me to see 93 year-old Dick Van Dyke dance on a desk)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal