January 1, 2019: The Boise Adventure | Day 1

We made it!

We crossed the Idaho state line at about 2:00 p.m. today past accompanying mile marker 0. A perfect place to begin.

Our day started at a dog-friendly Baymont Inn in Rock Springs, Wyoming. The temp was nine below zero as we took off for day two of our road trip from Omaha, NE to Boise, ID. By the time we meandered through Utah and crossed into Idaho, the temp was north of twenty. A step in the right direction, although I keep asking Garrett why we are moving northward rather than southward.

For now I will accept his explanation that Boise, although clearly north latitudinally, has Denver weather (which is good) without Denver's excessive population (which is bad). I will take his word for it and test it out on my own now that we are here.

Our little pull behind U-Haul has been unpacked. My Aunt Kathy (and Boise resident) arrived with food, wine, and beer as we enjoyed her company and relaxation after a day of traveling.

Zeke is loving the great open area of our VRBO and has already slipped out a door once (took us 10 minutes to corral him back in) and created mischief in the house once. We will give our toddler pup a bye just for tonight for the points he earned on being an excellent traveler for the eighteen hour jaunt here. Tomorrow morning, the bar goes up.

For me it is goodnight as well. The explanation on how we landed here is long, as is everything in my life it seems, and I'm tired. When asked what is new for me, my typical response requires a whiteboard.

More to come. Goodnight from Mountain Time and Happy New Year!

View out our kitchen window

Zeke's first Idaho photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal