December 9, 2015: On the First Day of Christmas...


On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me....

Not a partridge. But a great day. Lemonade came in many forms.

Here's a quick synopsis:

5:30 a.m. - Ran with my gal pals. Bearing my soul to my best confidants under the light of the pre-sunrise moon: Priceless.

7:00 a.m. - Climbed back into my warm bed with sleeping hubby. Thoughts of catching another hour of shut eye were diffused by a tempting hot bath. With a cup of morning coffee prepared by my thoughtful husband, I wallowed in hot water and bubble bath glory.

9:00 a.m. - Haircut and color by my long-time hairdresser. My every six week appointments are as much sanity as vanity as she and I take turns playing mentor and counselor to each other. Hair is still brown. Hints of gray have now disappeared. Curls are added.

11:30 a.m. - Robbie stops by to pick up Creighton tickets. Lots of laughs over the newly 'retired' couple making lunch and planning their days. Always love our Robbie. Lots of lemonade to go around.

12:30 p.m. - Picked up my favorite father-in-law from the airport and delivered him to our home in West O. Shared life in the best way...I was a good listener.

2:30 p.m. - Took noted father-in-law to a doctor appointment. Although I let him go in solo, I saw many familiar faces during pick up. Lots of hugs and joy. Reassurance that good people not only exist, but are abound.

4:30 p.m. - Dropped prescriptions off at Walgreen's. With a promised 20 minute wait, made a joint executive decision. Larry and I passed the wait time with Stella Artois at Oscar's. More listening. Lots of sharing and reinforcement of all that is right in the world.

5:30 p.m.- Wings and pizza ready for home crew. Grant home from bowling practice. From football to bowling. Grateful for a busy 15 year-old.

6:30 p.m. - Investment Club Holiday Party. Perfect way to end the day. Just like the start, with a class act of women. The Yanney's were wonderful hosts. And the view from the 28th floor of the Woodmen Tower, spectacular.

Listening came in handy once again with these well-respected professional women. There were stories of meager beginnings as well as those with joyful endings. With many suggestions, my list grows of people to meet with over the next months. So much to take in and such little time.

And now?  It's about 9:30 and I am watching Elf with Grant and Larry. That movie never gets old. Especially on the First Day of Christmas. And the company? Extraordinaire.

The hubby will be home soon. The rest of us are making our plans for tomorrow. I think I can get used to this....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal