January 22, 2015: Where to Start...

Saturday's blog??
For the record, it's not because I have nothing to write.

My lack of consistent writing is not because of lack of story content. It's due to lack of time to put pen to paper (good visual, but you know what I mean).

The stories in my head continue to build. The current list is something like this (if I had the time, there would be a real list)...

  • The Sad Tale of Three Sandwiches
  • The Oldest Child
  • Purpose
  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles
  • A Second Time Around
  • Yearbook Chronicles
  • Grandma's Necklace
Where to start? I guess I will start by saying I miss writing. It's my flow. When writing backlog occurs, my head feels like it's exploding; full of stories and feelings of everyday when life is too fast-paced for me to release what is on my mind.

Every day the thoughts are there, but the time somehow seems to escape me.

Full disclosure....I just took my Christmas decorations down last night and my car continually reminds me that I am 1,366 miles past a service appointment. 

Survival.

When push comes to shove, the decorations were down before the calendar turned to Valentine's Day and the car hasn't stalled yet. And the stories? They will come. For my own mental sanity, they need to.

Tonight I talked to a business partner about his stress over not having enough time to exercise and lack of quality time in his personal life. I understand. Flow is all about maintaining our own internal happiness. No one is to judge what fills that personal space...writing, exercising, quiet time, party time. Personal happiness is determined by personal needs. 

A wise person once told me that all work and no play makes Sandy a dull girl. Yep. What is deemed interesting outside of work is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

But a little flow and play do make life more productive. Here's to staying on track....

Date Night <check>. Garrett and I are sticklers on this. No matter what life delivers us, we always carve out time for just the two of us.

Writing <soon>  I think I'll start with Yearbook Chronicles. Top of the list for Saturday. Or Grandma's Necklace? Decisions, decisions.... Sunday flow? Shall I go for two in a row? Let the writing begin.................



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Own Your Shit

July 28, 2020: The New Normal